"I have had such good results"Book a free consultation
Lise, 36 years old
Many women find that they grow thick hair during pregnancy and then lose a lot of hair after giving birth. This is very common, and that’s what happened to Lise. Lise’s husband had had a hair transplant at the Nordic Hair Clinic last year, so she got in touch with Maggie and asked if there was anything she could do to stop the hair loss. Maggie recommended PRP treatment.
– My son is 6 months old now and when I was pregnant I had very thick and neat hair. From what I understand, it’s because you don’t lose as much hair as you usually do. Then 3-4 months after giving birth, I started losing an extreme amount of hair. I even started to experience bald spots. It felt very scary,” says Lise.
When her husband needed a hair transplant, Lise read up on the options available for hair loss. It was the first time she came into contact with PRP treatment.
– My husband has had a hair transplant at Nordic Hair Clinic with very good results. I read up on solutions to hair loss, but I did that before his transplant. So I had some facts already in the back of my mind when I got here. The rest I asked about, and got a good answer from the clinic.
Read more about female hair loss
Lise started to see results 1 month after first treatment
We usually recommend 3 PRP treatments to our patients at first to start the positive effects. Treatments are done once a month for 3 to 4 months. Därefter fortsätter PRP att ha en positiv effekt på håret och du behöver bara boosta ditt hår med PRP en gång var sjätte månad. In Lise’s case, she started to see results after just one month.
– The first treatment I didn’t notice anything. But a month later, when I was about to do the next treatment, the nurse who was going to inject the plasma saw that it had started to grow in the places where my hair was almost cold. Now that I’m about to do my third treatment, I can see that it has grown 3-4 cm. It’s gone much faster than I thought it would and that gives me hope,” says Lise.
Before her first treatment, Lise was worried about how much it would hurt. She chose to do her treatment without anesthesia, while her husband chose to have anesthesia on her PRP treatments. If you choose to do your treatment with an anaesthetic, the anaesthetic must be allowed to take effect for 45 minutes before the blood plasma can be injected into the scalp.
– It hurts a little without anaesthetic, but it hurts a lot more to give birth. If you don’t need an anaesthetic, it’s quite quick because you don’t have to wait for it to take effect. You come here, take a blood sample, wait for the blood to be centrifuged. The blood plasma is then injected into the scalp. They have very fast nurses working here so it went very smoothly. 45 minutes after I arrived, I was ready. It doesn’t affect you for the rest of the day, either,” says Lise.
How PRP treatment works – watch a step-by-step video
Lise recommends PRP for those who lose hair after pregnancy
Lise finds PRP treatment very safe because her own blood is used in the treatment.
– It feels safe because it’s completely natural. It’s my blood after all. So it feels much better than taking something else like Rogaine for example that you’ve seen on commercials. It is the body’s very own product.
– Considering that I have had such good results, I can definitely recommend Nordic Hair Clinic, and then for people who lose hair after childbirth or have thyroid problems, even for hereditary hair loss, but then it is important to start in time. Otherwise, like my husband, you might need a hair transplant,” says Lise.