What were your thoughts before your procedure?
– I was excited. But also very nervous. I didn’t know how the transplant would go. It is more difficult to transplant hair from the chest than from the neck.
Tell us about your experience during the treatment day?
– I got a great treatment. The staff were responsive and very skilled. What was hard was that I had to shave my hair off. Then my scars and marks from my previous punch graft transplant were even more visible. I don’t want to show those scars. But now I had to. The procedure itself went as planned. Smoothly and without complications. It took just over five hours.
How did it feel afterwards?
– It felt good that it was finally done. It was a relief that the procedure went well.
What difference do you notice today?
– It has been two weeks since the transplant. It’s healing properly. It will take time for the hair to start growing and I can see the difference. I am aware of that. I can’t wait and look forward to it. I do PRP treatments too. It is good for the healing process.
Were you open about having a hair transplant?
– Not really. My family knew I was having another procedure. But otherwise I didn’t tell anyone.
Did you get many questions afterwards?
– After the transplant, I wore a hat all the time. I was asked why I was wearing a hat. Then I mentioned that I had a hair transplant. But I didn’t tell you much more.
Would you recommend others to have a hair transplant?
– Yes. I would advise anyone who is in a good position to do a hair transplant to do it. There are lots of factors that are important to consider when having a procedure. If it’s important to you to have hair on your head to feel good, do it.